Since the founding, Wilbur Henry Waters School of Religion, Inc., and Theological Seminary has embraced a warmhearted evangelicalism that is grounded in the authority of scripture, the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and a deep commitment to the biblical mandate for evangelism and missions.
Dr. Nathan H. Alexander, Jr.
The Wilbur Henry Waters School of Religion, Inc., and Theological Seminary (WHWSR) was founded October 6, 1956 by the late Dr. E. M. Revels, in honor of the late Dr. Wilbur Henry Waters, President and founder of the National Association Council of Community Churches of America and Elsewhere, Incorporated (NACCCAE).
It was through Dr. Revels' hard work and determination that WHWSR became an accredited institution for higher education and is certified by the National Association Council of Community Churches of America and Elsewhere, Incorporated.
In 1977, after a period of inactivity, WHWSR was reorganized and reopened by Dr. Mark K. Jackson (Deceased) and Dr. Hazel C. Lucas. Their main purpose was to provide an affordable accredited institute of higher education for men and women who may not be able to obtain religious/seminary education otherwise. Dr. Jackson and Dr. Lucas (deceased) maintained their dedication to provide quality religious/seminary education to people.
WHWSR is nondenominational and is nondiscriminatory as to race, gender, religion, ethnicity or nationality.